Complete system availability – see other pages for bags, straps, harnesses, shafts, ropes, rafting system – all especially designed to enhance the performance of the HDPE shells and to support any traveller on snow and ice, in any situation.
Formerly named Ice Blue®, these sturdy HDPE shells glide extremely well and take the challenges of pack-ice and sastrugi in their stride.
For Snowsled pulks at speed go to ‘Wings over Greenland’ Expedition where there is video and description about the 500+ Kms circumnavigation of Greenland in 2014.
HDPE Trail pulk:
Design loading up to 45 Kgs (100 lbs)
Unladen weight: 2.2 Kgs (4.8 lbs) Price: £67.00 incl. VAT
HDPE Expedition pulk:
Design loading up to 100 Kgs (220 lbs)
Unladen weight: 4.4 Kgs (9.7 lbs) Price: £132.00 incl. VAT
- Smooth ‘attack’ angle at front, pointed egg-shaped nose and narrow supportive rim means easy manœuvrability, e.g., over sastrugi, through pack-ice, trails through trees, etc. These are important features not available on cheaper plastic pulks.
- Excellent glide – very low friction.
- Tough high density polyethylene.
- Designed for use with rigid shaft or ropes.
- Can be rafted side by side, or towed one behind the other.
We now have a choice of blue and white shells